This chia seed porridge recipe is courtesy of my husband. He first tried it a couple of years ago when we were exploring a paleo diet to better understand what foods were inflaming our guts and messing with our sinuses. But equally to better understand which foods made us feel fabulous and gave us the energy to tackle our day.
Which is where this delicious chia seed porridge recipe came in to play. Firstly it taste amazing, it warms your insides on a cool morning and it includes the perfect mix of ingredients to sustain you for hours.
It is also a great gluten-free alternative to oats and provides a healthy hit of protein, vitamins and minerals. Mix and match your favourites to create a beautiful start to the day.
1. In a food processor, grind macadamia nuts, dried apricots and cranberries into small crumbs, place in a separate bowl.
2. Place banana and coconut milk in food processor and process until banana is pureed. Transfer to a saucepan with macadamia nuts.
3. Add the rest of ingredients except for berries. Bring to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve in a bowl topped with some fresh berries and extra cinnamon.
• Almonds, hazelnuts or cashews nuts can be used instead of macadamia nuts and almond milk can be used instead of coconut.
That is it from me today, I hope you have a calm and restful day, one that brings you joy. One free from anxiety and as Positivity and Happiness are Contagious… Start your own Happiness ripple today!
Order your copy of Goodbye Busy, Hello Happy today Dismiss